Call for applications | 2024 International Indigenous Tourism Conference
ITQ would like to support the participation of 5 candidates in the International Indigenous Tourism Conference to be held in Ottawa from February 26 to 28, 2024.
The conference theme is Where Nations Meet, symbolizing the convergence of diverse Indigenous Nations, cultures, and perspectives, creating a place for dialogue, exchange, and collaboration for the development of Indigenous tourism.
Each candidate will have a tailor-made program based on their interests, which will allow them to participate in networking activities in addition to the main event program. An official version of this program will be sent to selected candidates.
- Sunday, Feb. 25: Arrival in Ottawa and check-in
- Monday, Feb. 26: Cultural visits and welcome reception
- Tuesday, Feb. 27: Conference
- Wednesday, Feb. 28: Conference and Gala
- Thursday, Feb. 29: Departure
- Being 18+ years of age
- Being Indigenous
- Being a tourism entrepreneur or promoter
THE 5 SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FROM ITQ
- A stipend to cover conference registration fees
- A lump sum of $500 to cover travel expenses
- A lump sum of $1000 for accommodation and meals
Candidates must be willing to discuss their experience, challenges and related topics with other conference participants. ITQ will help the selected candidates in connecting with conference participants, based on their respective areas of expertise. Your application should include a short letter outlining your experience, motivation and objectives in relation to this event, as well as the benefits you expect to gain from this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is December 8 at 4:30pm.